Monday, February 27, 2012

Stolen Time

I read this quote by Harry Emerson Fosdick today in The Trumpeter (our church newsletter) - "Finding God is really letting God find us; for our search for Him is simply to surrender to His search for us."  That sums up this blog so perfectly.  Some days my blog ideas just jump out at me.  But most days when it's time to write I sit and pray; asking God to show me what I should write about that day.  It really is a surrender to Him. So each day when I write "that is where I found God today", what's really happening is I've opened myself to Him; and that's what He's highlighted in my day.
Today, He highlighted a few stolen moments this morning.  Jeff had to leave for Maryland today, and Monday is always a busy day anyway.  We're usually running around right up until it's time for him to go.  But today, we stopped and sat together for about ten minutes.  It wasn't a long time, but it was enough to re-connect spiritually before he left.  It was a much needed and welcome little oasis of stolen time before the next few days apart.  And that is where I found God today (or He found me!).

1 comment:

  1. In 10 minutes or even in a moment God can give us as much meaning as we could ever want, and then some.

    ReplyDelete