Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spirit Surge

We have another camellia blooming at the corner of our deck (different than the one I wrote about last week).  It's a paler pink, and I think this is the first time it's bloomed since we moved here five years ago.  So I went over to look at it after my walk this morning, and as I turned away towards the pond in the back of our house, I got a "spirit surge".  I don't know how else to describe it.  From time to time, I get this sudden feeling of filling up with light, peace, contentment.  It's like I'm literally breathing in God and seeing the world with new eyes.  It only lasts a few moments, but it's an amazing feeling that leaves me a little breathless.  It's like an electrical surge when the lights all shine brighter except it feels like God is amping up the voltage in my spirit...in my soul.  I stood there a few moments looking at the pond, enjoying the touch of a breeze on my face, and just relishing the feeling.  I can't do it justice with my words - "spirit surge" is the best I can come up with - but I had to try because that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment