Monday, February 6, 2012

One Voice

I love to sing.  I've loved it since I was a child.  I even considered trying to make a career out of it at one point.  But then I realized that all that went with that - late nights, traveling, etc. - took the joy out of it for me.  Mostly, I love to sing when I'm alone so I can just sing my heart out.  It fills me up.  Today was not a fun day.  I had to write bills, do laundry, chores, etc.  The things we all have to do in our day-to-day lives.  I wasn't feeling very joyful.  But when I was finally done, I turned on some music and started to sing along.  It totally changed my mood.  One song in particular made me stop and close my eyes and join in till I was transported.  And there I found God today.  Here is that song.

"One Voice" by The Wailin' Jennys

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful voice mama, I'm so lucky to grow up with such a talented mother - your love of music is what helped me find my own passion for music at such an early age - every time I play guitar, ukulele, or piano I find God in the love I have for music and in the love I have for you.

    ReplyDelete