Saturday, February 18, 2012

Loosen Up

I'm not a spontaneous person. I like to have my day planned out so I know exactly how things are going to go. So when Jeff and I left this morning, the plan was to go for tea, run an errand, and then go back to get some other things done. But as we were about to head home, I got a sudden urge to take a drive. Right on the heels of that was my thought that "No, you can't do that, it wasn't in the schedule." So I asked Jeff and of course he said to go for it. He's always been better at that stuff than me. You'd think I was planning to take off for the Bahamas or something when it was just a minor change in our day. So we blew off the schedule and drove around for a while. Creature of habit that I am, I do these things once in a while, but not nearly enough. And that little bit of release and freedom that I felt was a blessing. I think it's God nudging me to loosen up a little. He's right, of course, and that's where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment