Sunday, February 26, 2012

Praying with Helen

I had Healing Team duties with Helen today.  I'm so fond of Helen.  She and her husband both exude a warmth and kindness that I've felt since I first met them.  We prayed together before the service and then during the service for anyone who needed it.  I've prayed with Helen before, but today was different.  Ask anyone on the Healing Team, and they'll tell you that you don't have to be particularly eloquent - just be heartfelt.  Helen is both. However, today it wasn't just that.  Today she was so quick to start praying and so eager and open to the Spirit that she was like a force.  I definitely found God - and felt Him there with us - praying with Helen today.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tribute to a wonderful woman! I found God today in Father Tom's sermon. I love how he used the story of Jesus' 40 days and nights in the wilderness to talk about all of the situations in which each of us finds ourselves in the wilderness on our life's journey. Just knowing that Jesus went through that, that everyone around me goes through that, and that God is really there with me through that, makes the wilderness less frightening. Great sermon Father Tom!

    ReplyDelete