Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Better Place

 Jeff and I decided to take a drive down to the National Seashore this morning.  It's so beautiful there, and it's been a while since we've made the trip.  When we started the drive, I was not in the best of moods.  No real reason for it - just one of those things. But as we got to talking, we started reminiscing about this particularly funny incident that happened last summer.  We relayed the story back and forth, taking turns telling it because we both know it so well.  I started laughing (I always do - the story never gets old!), and instantly felt my spirits lift.  In my mind, I saw a shadow rise up and blow away.  And that's where I found God today.  In the easy banter and laughter that took me to a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment