Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mute Button

I took my walk in the afternoon today, and there seemed to be more cars than usual whizzing by. No sooner would one be gone than I'd hear another one coming. But suddenly, it was quiet - completely quiet.  The breeze was still, no cars coming or going; just the sound of my footsteps which seemed to be the only sound in that sudden silence. It was almost as if God had hit the mute button, and the quiet that descended felt like something I could touch. There wasn't another soul in sight. And I had to smile because it felt like God had stopped everything, and just put His focus on me for a few moments. I don't know why but for some reason I felt special because of that silence, and the only One I know who can make that kind of thing happen is God. And that is where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment