Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Butterbutt

It was a really cold day, but I found a spot of warmth in a "Butterbutt"! (Also known as a Yellow-rumpled warbler, but that's not nearly as much fun.) My sister-in-law got me interested in birds, and we saw several Butterbutts at the little park off The Woods road when she visited early last year. I got such a kick out of it when she told me what they were called (what little bird knowledge I have has come from her). They're adorable birds, but I hadn't seen one since. Then today, I noticed a little bird flitting around outside, and when he turned... there it was! He flashed the little yellow spot on his tail - his butterbutt. (I just have too much fun saying that!) It was an unexpected joy, and that is where I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. You're right...just saying Butterbutt in my head brightened a rather gloomy day. Sometimes God finds us but sometimes, especially when we're having a rough day, we have to make a conscious effort to find Him.

    ReplyDelete