Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Virtual Laugh

I've mentioned before that my daughter, Marlayna, is living in Alaska for a while.  We're very close so it's been tough being so far apart, but we talk every day and send lots of text messages.  Today, she sent a quote from an old movie we used to watch all the time when the kids were young - "What About Bob?"  It's hilarious, and we've all watched it so many times we practically know it word for word.  I laughed over her text, then sent back another quote from the movie.  We went back and forth a few times - adding in smiley faces and "ha ha ha's".  It was so much fun sharing the quotes and the memories, and it made me grateful for the technology we have now.  So often I find God in His natural world, but today I found God sharing a virtual laugh with my daughter almost half a world away.

No comments:

Post a Comment