Saturday, April 28, 2012

Laid-back Lunch

It was a chilly, grey day so Jeff and I decided to take a drive - something we often do on Saturdays.  We meandered through Manteo and ended up in Wanchese where we decided to try the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant.  We'd heard some good things about it but never managed to make it there before mainly because of my food sensitivities.  It turned out great!  The view is awesome, and the food was really good!  I got steamed shrimp which take a while to eat because of having to shell them.  There was way more than I could eat alone so Jeff helped me finish them off.  It was so relaxing just sitting there, watching the water, and taking our time with the food.  It reminded me of our days back in Maryland when we used to get steamed crabs.  It's more about the social aspect than the actual crabs - even though they're awesome!  We had nowhere we had to be and nothing pressing that we had to do - definitely a rare thing and such a blessing.  And I truly felt blessed even though we were doing something totally ordinary.  I found God today enjoying that extended, laid-back lunch with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment