Friday, April 6, 2012

Family Time

My sister and her boys were in town for the holiday.  She's in the middle of a tough custody battle so we never know for sure when we'll get to see them.  Today we got to spend some time together.  We drove to Jennette's Pier and watched the big waves crashing; then we went and got some food at Kill Devil Grill.  We laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other's company.  It was like we were never apart.  Jeff and I had such a good time with her and my nephews, and it was made more special by the fact that we got to spend Good Friday together.  It was in that now rare family time that I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. I found God in our time together too. One of my favorite things is making my Nephews laugh. God often reminds me that I am usually happiest when I feel like I'm making others happy.

    ReplyDelete