Thursday, April 5, 2012

East to West

I was listening to some music today, and a song came up on my playlist that I hadn't heard in a while.  It refers to Psalm 103, verse 12, "as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us." The lyrics in this song are deeply affecting, and even more so during this week.  There's a line in it that says, "I'm not holding on to you, but you're holding on to me", that just about makes me tear up every time I hear it.  It's a powerful song in my opinion, so give it a listen if you can because this is where I found God today. (Click the link below - it will take you to a Youtube video.  It's the only way I know to link to the song.)
East to West by Casting Crowns

2 comments:

  1. Tea, I loved this song. I understand why you do too!! My favorite part was, "In the arms of Your mercy I find rest." Very powerful for me because before I had listened to your song I had answered a plea on facebook from a beloved cousin who is experiencing breast cancer and an abusive husband. She was at her wits end and I am going to try now to link her to this song! Thank you for that. I know she will get something too from the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the song. I love that line too! And I will say a prayer for your cousin.

      Delete