Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Easter Card

It was a great Easter.  The weather was beautiful, the church service was amazing, the altar flowers were gorgeous... but the thing that stood out for me the most was the Easter card Jeff gave me.  It wasn't the card itself even though it was a very nice card.  It's that he's never failed to give me an Easter card even when he had almost no belief in God at all.  He always said he did it because he knew how much my faith meant to me.  And I believe that was part of it.  But I also think it was God working through him.  He used to say he envied my faith because of the peace it brought me.  I think all those years of showing his faith in my faith helped bring him closer to God - and to his own peace.  My Easter card this year was a reminder of how far he's come, and that our faith is now something we share.  The front of the card said "Isn't God amazing?"  Yes, He is.  And that is where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment