Sunday, April 22, 2012

Church Family

Jeff and I were ushers at church again today.  I was sitting in the back (in the special usher seats!), looking around at everyone in the room and felt a sudden rush of affection for our church family.  When we moved here five years ago we didn't know a soul.  When we joined the church not quite two years ago we only knew a few of our neighbors.  Today I was saying hello to everyone as they came into church and knew most of them by name.  I've come to truly care about this new "family" even though I only see most of them on Sundays.  We come together each week for the gospel readings, the wonderful sermons, to share communion... but mostly we come for each other.  And today, from the point of view offered by the "special usher seats", I looked out over everyone there and found God.

1 comment:

  1. Tia, I know what you mean. Even though you may only see your church family once a week at church, if you needed them, they would be there for you. It does happen and when it does, it is such an overwhelming experience and very humbling! People really do care!

    ReplyDelete