Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rain-Dappled Rose

I posted a picture of another rose for my blog not too long ago.  But today - after the rain - this rose was just to beautiful not to write about.  We inherited these roses with the house when we moved in five years ago.  So many times, I almost cut them down.  They were just these long, gangly things that barely bloomed.  But the few blooms we got were gorgeous so I couldn't quite bring myself to get rid of them.  As I've mentioned, I'm no gardener, but I'd heard if you cut them back, they would fill out.  I've been doing that for the last four years, and it's finally started to pay off.  Don't get me wrong, they're still pretty gangly, just not as much so.  But we've never had as many pretty roses as we've had so far this year.  I think God was just trying to teach me a little patience, and this year He's rewarded me.  I found Him in this gorgeous, rain-dappled rose today.






No comments:

Post a Comment