Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pat

We had a healing conference led by Father Nigel Mumford at our church today.  Jeff and I both went though we had no idea what to expect.  Neither of us had ever attended anything like it before.  It was a wonderful experience.  He's an excellent speaker with interesting stories and a great sense of humor.  We even had a special moment with him as he anointed Jeff this afternoon that was very emotional.  There are some days when I have to really search to find God in my day.  Today was one of those days where He was everywhere in so many special moments, and I have to ask Him to highlight what He wants me to write about. And He kept showing me Pat W.  When we first got there this morning, we were all in the kitchen getting things set up, and she said Father Tom had told her about Marlayna needing a new car and the stress we were going through.  I told her I was concerned about Marlayna having to work so hard to pay for the car because she's never been a "nose to the grindstone" type.  Pat said, "Well, maybe this will make her one."  Somehow that simple statement really hit me.  It cut through my worries and made me look at the situation differently.  Pat's a very "no nonsense" kind of person.  I don't know whether she feels this way about herself, but I feel like she has great clarity - an ability to see through the muck to the core of things.  What she said might not sound like much to someone else, but it was just what I needed to hear.  Out of all the amazing events of the day, God was telling me to write about Pat.  I found Him in her words to me - words that brought me peace just when I needed to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment