Monday, May 14, 2012

The Chat

I was feeling overwhelmed today.  I had my regular errands to take care of plus a few unexpected ones, and on top of that I needed to bake cookies for Ruthie's Kitchen (a community kitchen that our church sponsors from time to time).  I got the cookies done, kept working while they cooled, then called Sandy F. to see when I could take them to her.  She said she had been running around all day, too, but was home now so I went on over.  I planned to run in and out, but Sandy started chatting with me.  We talked about a few different things - just casual conversation - but it slowed me down.  And that was such a good thing.  It felt so good to just relax and chat for a little while, and not worry about what needed to be done next.  I know Sandy had a lot to do; she's handling the whole Ruthie's Kitchen thing.  But she took the time to pass a few pleasant minutes with me, and it made my day.  I left smiling and relaxed, and that's where I found God today -  in a friendly chat with Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment