Monday, May 28, 2012

Burt's Bees Lotion

I've mentioned before in my blog that my skin is super-sensitive.  It wasn't always this way.  It just developed in the past few years.  It's mostly my hands and forearms for some reason, and my doctors don't have any answers for me.  When it first started, I didn't have a clue what was causing it.  My hands were so bad that I developed tiny blisters between my fingers.  Through internet research, an allergist (I'm not allergic to anything), a dermatologist, and my family doctor, I figured out some treatments to get relief.  One was antihistamines, two was the gluten and dairy free diet that I've talked about so much, and three was something I figured out on my own - my Burt's Bees lotion.  It soothed my skin more than anything the doctors recommended; I think because it's almost all natural.  At this point, as long as I apply it several times a day, I'm pretty much okay.  I was busy today, and when my hands started to burn, I realized I'd washed them several times without using my lotion.  So I sat down and smoothed on a large dollop of my Burt's Bees.  Ahhh... relief!  Hand lotion may seem like a small thing, but for me, this one in particular is a blessing from God.  I honestly don't know what I would do without it.  I thanked Him for leading me to it, and I found Him in the soothing relief I got from it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment