Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Customer Service Guy

We've all had awful experiences with customer service over the phone - being put on hold forever, being transferred over and over again.  Well today looked like it was going to be one of those experiences.  I got a quote for a windshield repair for my car - that all went fine.  Then I had to call back because Jeff just got a major crack in his windshield so I figured we'd get them both done at once.  That phone call took quite a while but I got a decent quote and asked them to send me an email confirmation.  The email quote was much higher... so I had to call back.  I got put on hold "because all of our agents are busy assisting other customers".  I waited a while, finally got someone on the phone who started out telling me I was wrong, then I got put on hold again while they checked things out.  She finally came back and said someone would have to call me back.   I waited almost two hours with no call back so I called again.  This time I got Kevin from Ohio.  He immediately tried to make sense of my dilemma and worked to get my quote corrected.  When he told me he'd have to call me back, I had my doubts.  But he called back within 15 minutes and had everything straightened out.  I still ended up paying a few dollars more than my original quote but at this point I didn't care.  I just wanted it done.  Kevin couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.  It's nice to know that good customer service isn't completely dead - you just have to get lucky enough to get someone who cares on the phone.  That is where I found God today - in a customer service guy who actually cared.

No comments:

Post a Comment