Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Matthew 7:7

I had mixed feelings when I first discovered that gluten and dairy were contributing to my severe itching.  I was happy to know I could finally get some relief, but I was also dumb-struck.  What would I eat?  It seemed my whole diet had gluten and dairy somewhere - especially my beloved sweets!  Slowly, I found alternatives to regular food, but baking was another story.  Anyone who bakes will tell you there's a science to it.  You can't just swap things around willy-nilly and expect a recipe to work.  So I did a lot of research, and I prayed for help.  And you know what?  I got answers.  My devotional today referred to Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."  It's always been one of my favorite passages, and it just so happens that it was perfect for today.  Because today, I was adapting my favorite quick bread recipe yet again (I was making it chocolate this time!).  I've learned so much about exchanging ingredients that there's almost no willy-nilly involved at all!  I thought I was a good baker before, but I'm so much better now. And I've actually helped other people.  That would have never happened if I hadn't gone through what I did.  I found God today in Matthew 7:7.  I read those words, and the image of myself baking with my new-found ability to adapt a recipe popped into my head.  I asked and it was given.  I am indeed blessed.

The yummy chocolate quick bread I made for the first time today!



No comments:

Post a Comment