Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grounded

There's been some intense stuff going on the past few days.  Some good - like the healing conference and church today along with some other things.  Some not so great - like helping Marlayna deal with the car issue and finding a job since she's returned from Alaska.  But good or bad, it's kept my mind racing.  Then today, I was standing at the open window when a gust of wind blew in the scent of damp, fresh earth.  It smelled amazing.  I closed my eyes and breathed it in and felt myself grounded.  I hadn't even realized I was "up in the air" till God pulled me back to earth.  We humans are really very simple.  Though we sometimes lose sight of it, the most basic things can fill our needs and make us happy - like the smell of rain-dampened earth.  I know I say it often but God knows our needs even when we don't.  He found me and grounded me today with the scent of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment