Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Light and Shadow

When I decided to start this blog, I thought it would be easy to write about where I find God each day.  After all, I feel Him around me all the time.  But after just a few days, I started to struggle.  All the little ways I see God in my life seemed too insignificant to write about.  So I prayed for help... and I prayed some more.  And it came to me that those little things are the point.  I was never shooting for a literary masterpiece, but I suddenly felt pressured to come up with something "significant" when I knew other people would be reading this.  So my prayer was answered, and the pressure's off.  All these little ways I find God are what make Him a part of my daily life.  And that took me back to my original purpose.

Today I found God in the play of light and shadow outside my kitchen window.  There's an empty lot next door, and sometimes in the evening the sun shines through the trees in a way that's just beautiful.  The golden light and dark shadows turn an ordinary scene into a work of art.  It always makes me pause to take it in, and there I find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment