Monday, January 30, 2012

Chocolate Cake

I love dessert.  It's my favorite part of the meal.  Heck, it's my favorite part of the day!  But a few years ago I developed an itching and rash so extreme it almost brought me to tears.  What does this have to do with dessert?  I discovered I was sensitive to gluten and dairy.  What are the two main components in most desserts?  Yep, gluten and dairy.  But I had prayed to God for relief from my itching, and He gave me that; just with a few stipulations. So after a lot of research, I learned how to bake amazing desserts without gluten and dairy.  And today, in what was otherwise an ordinary day, I baked a fabulous chocolate cake with buttercream frosting - and nary a dairy or gluten in sight!  I felt pure joy and satisfaction in my first bite of that cake - and there I found God.

No comments:

Post a Comment