Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Blow-Dryer

Okay, this is going to sound a little strange, but I found God today when I was blow-drying my hair.  I know what you're thinking (I would, too),  but hear me out.  Blow-drying my hair is one of my least favorite chores.  It's mind-numbing.  But today, while I was staring blankly at the wall with the dryer blathering away, I felt a nudge from God.  "Hey Tia, I'm here even now.  What are you going to do about it?"  And I was suddenly inspired to pray.  I've read about other people praying while waiting in line, at the doctor, etc.; it just never occurred to me to pray while I dried my hair.  But I did, and before I knew it, I was done and still hadn't quite finished my prayers.  So now I may actually look forward to drying my hair... or maybe not.  But I know I can always find God there as I did today turning the most menial task into something worthwhile.  Yet another little blessing in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story. I like the idea of praying to enhance an ordinary moment. A moment spent in a positive mindset is productive in it's own right.

    ReplyDelete