Friday, January 20, 2012

Day Two

Okay, so I jumped the gun yesterday.  The weather in Seattle turned out to be awful.  God may or may not have been in that weather report so I didn't stress out all day, but He was definitely with Marlayna in the airplane which landed safely in an ice-encrusted airport.  Then her flight from Seattle to Fairbanks was cancelled. And He was also there when she got what was probably the only hotel room left in the area due to a last-minute cancellation.  Everything else was booked - I know... I called everywhere.  We lost several hours of sleep last night worrying, praying, and working to get her somewhere safe where she could rest till her flight today.
So I was exhausted today and thinking I was already going to let my blog down.  I barely had the strength to function, much less write.  But something (God?) dragged me off the couch to take my daily walk.  I walked out into a beautiful afternoon.  The sun was hazy; softening the edges of the trees and marsh grasses.  The air was crisp and fresh. Then I passed a neighbor walking her bulldog, and he was carrying a green rubber toy in his mouth.  Apparently, he didn't want to walk without it.  He swung his head around to look at me, and I had to laugh.  And there He was - in that comical moment when that little dog looked at me; taking his walk with his toy hanging out of his mouth.  I breathed God in, and though still exhausted, I felt renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment