Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Paths

Wednesday, November 16, 2022.  Just hours after I wrote my post yesterday, I got a call moving my appointment up to just two weeks away.  God at work in my life again.  It got me thinking of how I got to this point.  I read that with this infection the sooner it’s discovered and treated, the better your chances of limiting lung damage. Mine was discovered through a CT scan of my heart.  The scan was done because an EKG showed that my heartbeat was low-voltage.  My heart was being checked to see if it was the cause of my fatigue.  My heart was perfectly healthy, but they saw the tiny spot on my lung which grew rapidly and brought me to where I am now.  So through a roundabout path God got me early treatment.  And then there’s the path that led us to where we live now which couldn’t be better for us at this point in our lives.  Before we moved to the Outer Banks, I would have never dreamed I’d be living in central North Carolina.  But living at the beach means you vacation somewhere else which is how we discovered this area.  We always thought we wanted a big piece of land and actually bought a lot to build on.  Then we decided we wanted to be mortgage-free so we bought a townhouse and sold the lot.  But after living in the townhouse, we decided we didn’t like sharing walls but we did like the perks of having our outdoor space maintained by a community association.  That led us here.  An individual home with a beautiful park, trees everywhere, and sidewalks for walkability.  There is no way I could have managed getting outdoors as much as I do anywhere other than a neighborhood like this with its level sidewalks that I can use my rollator on.  There is a line from an old Patty Loveless song “I thought I walked a twisted trail till I saw where it led me to, like a moonbeam across the water, I came straight to you”.  Looking back through the years, I can see how God led me here, but the paths in my life would seem twisted if I viewed them without the eyes of my faith.  “In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:6 NKJV)  Yes.  He will.  God is the moonbeam across the water, and He will lead you to your best life if you let Him.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment