Tuesday, November 15, 2022

My Guiding Light

Tuesday, November 15, 2022.  I have a MAC lung infection.  I just read more about it, and I wish I hadn’t.  I was diagnosed in the weeks after the bronchoscopy I had on October 7th, but I couldn’t get an appointment with a pulmonologist who deals with these things till February.  They’re trying to get me in sooner, but part of what’s happening now is they’re trying to find which antibiotics will treat this.  Apparently, there are many strains and it’s quite a long process to nail down which antibiotics will work.  Once they do, I will probably be on two or three antibiotics for up to a year.  The side effects from them can be pretty awful, and I’ll need continual testing to know when the infection is gone.  In the meantime, the infection itself can possibly cause significant lung damage.  Those are among the things I wish I hadn’t read.  How am I going to get through this?  I was getting scared and upset when a line from a prayer I say every day to my guardian angel popped into my head.  “Protect me from every influence of Satan that I may not fall into sin.”  (Of course, it didn’t just pop into my head.  God was comforting me.)  I don’t think worry is a sin, but I do think that it’s Satan’s influence that can steal our joy.  And I’m not going to let that happen.  I don’t know anything for sure yet, and worrying isn’t going to help at all.  Jesus says, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34 NIV).  So I’m going to do my best to take each day as it comes and enjoy this time before the treatment starts.  And who knows? Maybe the treatment won’t be that bad.  But even if it is, I’m going to draw my strength and my hope from Jesus.  “…Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.” (Psalms 30:5 NKJV)  Praying, talking with Jesus, and drawing comfort from my Bible are the things that will get me through anything.  I might temporarily stumble because I’m human, but I’ll always find my way back with Him as my guiding light.

No comments:

Post a Comment