Thursday, February 28, 2013

Glowing Daffodils

 One side of our yard doesn't get much sunlight, so not a whole lot grows there.  But sometimes our daffodils bloom.  I say "sometimes" because last year they didn't bloom.  The leaves were there but no flowers.  I had worried they wouldn't be back, so I was very excited to see the first bloom this year.  There are just a few scattered here and there.  We didn't plant them; we inherited them with the house so it's always a surprise to see where one is going to pop up.  As I said, we don't get much sun where they're planted, so the sight awaiting me after my walk this morning was extra special. As I came within sight of the yard, the flowers were glowing from the early morning sun.  One in particular was lit up as bright as the sun itself.  Those few little blooms shining in the sparse brown landscape were so beautiful to me that I laughed out loud!  We don't fertilize the ground, we don't water, and yet there they are.  It's amazing to me how they keep coming back, seemingly against all odds.  Another lesson to be learned from God's natural world.  I found Him today in those gorgeous glowing daffodils shining bright as the sun.






No comments:

Post a Comment